Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't search music on iPhone through external device since ios 9.1 update

I Upgraded to iOS 9.1 on iPhone 6s a few days ago (to stop the notifications, I didn't want to but they drive me crazy!) anyway, now I can't search music stored in my phone using my Bluetooth devices. When I had ios 9.0.2 installed, a list option would show up on the Bluetooth devices. It no longer appears.

i Know it is iOS 9.1 because I tried 2 other iPhones with older iOS versions and they work perfectly. It does not work when the phone is connected to the device by usb either.

i Called AppleCare and did what they suggested - remove and pair iPhone again. I also did a complete erase of the phone. No Luck.

i can set music playing on my phone and it will play through the Bluetooth device, I just can't change the music through the Bluetooth device. This means I have to change music using the phone.

it is really difficult to explain to a 2 year old that mummy can't play his favourite song until we get to our destination because she can't change it through the car computer any more! It doesn't work on other Bluetooth devices either, but they are not as important

if anyone else has had this issue and successfully fixed it, me and my son will be very grateful!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:58 PM

There are no replies.

Can't search music on iPhone through external device since ios 9.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.