Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro Locking out

Hi there,

I just acquired my first Ipad device, an Ipad Pro for the place where I work as I need an Ipad for work.

However the system just shut itself down and does not reboot with the touch safety lock.

When I ran through the set-up I ran into a problem that the Apple ID I had set up for the order for some reason ended up being incomplete and I had to redo the content of the ID (the only details that showed for my AppleID was my e-mail address and the password I set it up with, not even my name was showing despite this being done on setting up of the order).

Since it did go a bit funny on me I decided to use the same password on the Ipad when it asked for another one as on my AppleID (a bit foolish maybe but it made it easier for me).

Now after the reset it however does not recognise this password, nor does it recognise the internet connection it was set up with (and incidently I am using that to send this on...) so I now have a very pretty paperweight which costs quite a bit of money since there is no option anywhere to recuperate that specific password.

I was using it to play around a bit and install some game apps, did some online purchases and such to get the hang of it so it did have Internet access when I was spending money through the Applestore...

Since then it has been just shut down, demanding a password that it refuses to recognise and I cannot find anywhere anyway to reset or correct this second password.

Not exactly a good show for a first product to be honest.

There is no clear information on how to change or alter any secondary or tertiary passwords on it or a way to recover them.

Where do I go to get hold of someone who can tell me how to reset this brandnew Ipad Pro?

iPad, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:24 PM

Apple Support Contact

Apple Support contact - Telephone

4 replies

Ipad Pro Locking out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.