Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make sure your computer's date is set correctly and that is accepts cookies from the ITunes Music Store

I keep getting this error. I have tried to authenticate my account so I can redeem a gift card and it keeps giving me the same login screen and then asks me if I forgot my password when I can see that I am already logged in. When I attempted to put in a different account I get the date/cookies error. Thoughts?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:09 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 6:52 AM in response to BrookeisFrustrated

Hello BrookeisFrustrated,

I gather from the title of the post that you have verified your computer's date is set correctly and it is accepting cookies from the iTunes Store.

As this was posted under iTunes for Windows yet your system information states iMac, I'm not sure which OS you are using.

If you are using Windows, please see iTunes 12 for Windows: If you have trouble using the iTunes Store

If you are on the iMac, try

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

and maybe

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer - Apple Support

The last one seems more like your issue.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Make sure your computer's date is set correctly and that is accepts cookies from the ITunes Music Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.