Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using samsung 850 evo for macbook pro 2015

I just purchased a macbook pro 2015 with retina display and I am looking for a way to use my recently purchased 850 eve ssd (my previous macbook went swimming accidentally). Is there any way I can salvage use of my ssd? It is not even 1 year old. If there's a way to use it internally it'll be even better.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:28 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 5:30 PM in response to jprimerys

jprimerys wrote:

I just purchased a macbook pro 2015 with retina display and I am looking for a way to use my recently purchased 850 eve ssd (my previous macbook went swimming accidentally). Is there any way I can salvage use of my ssd? It is not even 1 year old. If there's a way to use it internally it'll be even better.

No you can not use it internally, however you can buy a external enclosure and use it as a backup.

Try Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper

Look on OWC website for external enclosures

Nov 24, 2015 9:54 PM in response to jprimerys

jprimerys wrote:

Thanks leroy. You mention about using it as an external backup. Does it possibly include using it as an access address for an application and running it on windows? I am a designer and use rendering softwares

ie. running a rendering program from the external drive.

I don't know why not.

The real point is you can not use it internally.

using samsung 850 evo for macbook pro 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.