Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a phone from a friend the phone is stuck on the actovation screen so im unable to use it my friend hasn't used the email in over 2 years and she forgot the password because she never needed to use it what can i do to get past the screen?

Hello there. i have a phone that i bought from a friend its an iphone 5 when i got the ohone everything was fine and okay but during the set up of the phone when i was trying to activate it the phone went to a certain screen it was the activation screen where you need the owners email and password , the problem is the guy i bought it from doesn't remember his email orhis password because he hasn't used the account in over 3 years so he had created a brand new email and apple id to use for the phone, is there a way to get past the activation screen without having to take it to the apple store or anything else? HE PHONE

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:24 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Bbygrlmecca98

There is no way for you to get past it. The friend can try to recover his password if he has the Apple ID. If he cannot remember that, then he can take the device to a physical Apple Store only with the original receipt and request assistance. You will not be able to get anything done yourself, as you are not the original owner. That is Activation Lock.

i bought a phone from a friend the phone is stuck on the actovation screen so im unable to use it my friend hasn't used the email in over 2 years and she forgot the password because she never needed to use it what can i do to get past the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.