Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I updated to IOS 9.1 my iphone 6 battery drain really fast even when it is in idle state.

I am really disappointed that after the IOS 9.1 software update my battery is draining really fast even on idle state. I bought the phone only early this year. I have been a Apple fan but now I doubt I would want to be one any longer. I need a solution to this fast.

Casmina.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:03 PM

11 replies

Nov 25, 2015 12:49 AM in response to casminad

hi

batt drain is really depends on your personal usage .

usually causing by : unstable cellular data , notification is active on all apps u r using, gps on bluetooth on .

u can setting it to make it more saver for your battery.

http://www.businessinsider.co.id/iphone-battery-tips-last-longer-2015-5/

iphone 6 ,6+ ,6s,6s+ can last more longer for battery.

another tips from me base on experinced try charging it till 97% then hard restart it

by pressing homebutton + power at same time then turn it on again if the battery goes to 100%

then your battery still in good shape.

Nov 25, 2015 1:55 AM in response to kiplingmerah

hi,

Practically I have deactivated almost all the apps and still the battery is draining fast. This did not happen before IOS 9.1 software update. The battery was perfect. Even after I charge the phone to 100% and leave it idle without using and the next day battery has drained totally. Also the phone heats up a lot. This came about after I reset my phone setting due to the touch ID was not working. Even now the touch ID is not working as the finger print is not clickable. This happened also after the IOS 9.1 update.

I also tried what you have suggested above, but the battery still showed 97%, not 100%.

After I updated to IOS 9.1 my iphone 6 battery drain really fast even when it is in idle state.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.