Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted automator app keeps on running! How to stop it?

I was learning to use automator and created a pilot app to automatically transfer downloaded audio into iTunes. After ascertaining it worked, I created a better one that deleted the source file and sorted it into a playlist. But the first one kept on running so I ended up with two copies of every song! I went to ~/Library/Workflows, deleted everything there, and restarted the computer. Clearing ~/Library/Services and ~/Library/Scripts did not work as well. What should I do?!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:02 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 6:41 PM in response to LyKit

Without seeing your workflow, I am going to guess that you made a folder action, and that you have checked the folder action setup of the attached folder.

A folder action Automator workflow is automatically passed files that are added to an attached folder. Multiple copies is a symptom of doing something like adding another action that gets files, which can result in duplicates in the input file list.

Nov 24, 2015 6:54 PM in response to red_menace

Thanks for the response! My workflow consisted of two things: Import audio, and pause iTunes.

In any case, I stopped everything - cleared all folder actions, and deleted everything in ~/Library/Workflows, Services and Scripts folders. The second workflow stopped running, but the first didn't - so now even though I don't have anything set up, any downloaded audio still gets sent straight to iTunes. I suppose I could live with that, but it would be nice to have the source files deleted automatically.

Deleted automator app keeps on running! How to stop it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.