Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Verification Pop Up Box

HI everyone or anyone,

Lately since the latest IOS update on my iPad Air 2, Upon turning on my pad I get the "Apple ID Verification" box. In the box it says, "Enter the password for Apple ID email in Settings". This is happening at every startup. When I go to Settings I get another box titled "Apple ID Password" in this box it is telling me that the password for my ID needs to be updated. Can someone who has a good working knowledge of this problem please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:45 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 6:28 PM in response to Khadij

I have this identical situation on my iPhone 5S. I can't explain why it happens but it happens every time I restart the phone. The problem cropped up when I had battery issues that I think were linked to my iCloud account. I deleted and added the iCloud account to my phone several times over a three or four day period and ever since I did that, I have had this very same issue.

I don't know how to fix it either. When prompted to enter the password in settings, I comply. When prompted to change he password, I ignore it. That is how I have been dealing with it.

Nov 25, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Khadij

I Wanted to update my earlier response. I believe that this is related to something corrupt in my iCloud account. I have had mysterious battery drain on my phone and if I delete my iCloud account and add it back again, it seems to fix the battery drain for a week or so. My battery is draining again today for no reason at all, so I am experimenting with iCloud settings again. I keep getting the same verification and change my password pop ups as well.

Apple ID Verification Pop Up Box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.