Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to authenticate Microsoft Office on iMac using my corporate account

when i try to authenticate, i get the following error. Any ideas what i can do to address this issue?

An error occurred

The device authentication failed.

Error details

• Activity ID: 00000000-0000-0000-436b-0080000000bd
  • Relying party: Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform
  • Error time: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 02:35:26 GMT
  • Cookie: enabled
  • User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_1) AppleWebKit/601.2.7 (KHTML, like Gecko)

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:43 PM

10 replies

Nov 26, 2015 6:52 AM in response to dswoodard

Good day dswoodard,

I see you are a new user here in Apple Support Communities - welcome! I hope we find you contributing often in the future.

If you are getting an error when trying to authenticate Microsoft Office 365, you may want to troubleshoot using this document in Microsoft's knowledge base - How to troubleshoot non-browser apps that can’t sign in to Office 365, Azure, or Intune

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Jun 27, 2016 6:42 AM in response to dswoodard

try these steps :

1- install Google Chrome or any other browser

2- once you login to the website that asks for the certificate , capture the name of that certificate

3- open keychain access app, search with the name of that certificate in the search field of keychain access app

4- delete it , when you open Safari again it will ask you again to use that certificate and your issue is resolved

Jun 27, 2016 7:12 AM in response to Csound1

its a Microsoft service , a web service that supposed to work with all users and all updated web browsers, if you for instance create a new user in this iMac and try it you will find that it works normally, the issue is not with product , its with the certificate , which is related to apple.

these kind of errors you may face with all web services if we mess with the certificates.

Trying to authenticate Microsoft Office on iMac using my corporate account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.