Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio cuts out on left side while using headphones

I have a Macbook Pro Late 2011 with a 2.4ghz processor speed, 8gb memory, and 500 GB hard drive. My operating system is OS X 10.11.1. I had it repaired (trackpad replaced and keyboard replaced) a few months ago. Since I've gotten it back I noticed that the audio seems to slowly cut out on the left side when I use headphones. I have to hold the headphone jack in a certain position, put the volume on high, and use the test audio connection button to get it to work but only temporarily. It then eventually cuts out again, especially when I play anything at peak volume level. I've tried everything including different headphones but it's always the same problem. What does anyone recommend I do about this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:29 PM

There are no replies.

Audio cuts out on left side while using headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.