Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my credit card? for family music

Could you explain, why my credit card for family music? why i can't simply use itunes cards? i will miss Rdio, non available anymore in canada. i pay 15$ a month on paypal, that's it that's all, why itune card are no-good for apple? when you need a family share? i will have to go spotify, because apple discourage family.

With 2 kids, and a 5000$ credit card on itune, well i don't want to go bankrupt, but apple won't allow family if no credit card, please explain, this poor support for family expense.

I want control, and cash money is no good 😟

and itune card is not good money for apple, please explain?

regards

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), itunes 10.4

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:02 AM

For info you are talking to fellow users on these forums, not iTunes Support nor Apple

If you are the family organiser then you can't use your account's balance, you can only use : Payment methods you can use in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

If you're using Family Sharing and you're the family organizer, you can use the following payment methods:

I'm not sure if Apple have said why the organiser's balance can't be used.

If you are trying to create child account you will need to have on your account one of (due to child online privacy laws) :

• Credit cards
  • China UnionPay
  • A post-paid mobile phone billing account
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 2:02 AM in response to tapajeurs

For info you are talking to fellow users on these forums, not iTunes Support nor Apple

If you are the family organiser then you can't use your account's balance, you can only use : Payment methods you can use in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

If you're using Family Sharing and you're the family organizer, you can use the following payment methods:

I'm not sure if Apple have said why the organiser's balance can't be used.

If you are trying to create child account you will need to have on your account one of (due to child online privacy laws) :

• Credit cards
  • China UnionPay
  • A post-paid mobile phone billing account

Why my credit card? for family music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.