Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to reset, I enter correct apple ID PW yet it says incorrect

Here is what's going on. My step dad gave me his old used iPhone 5s that I'm using strictly for music and not to put service on. When I go to do a full reset it asks for his apple ID password. When I give the password, the box shakes like I entered in the wrong password even though it's the correct password for his account. I have already logged into his iCloud to take the phone off of his account but it still won't let me reset without his "password". I tried connecting to iTunes and resetting that way and it tells me I have to turn off my "find my iPhone" setting but once again I have to put in the password that it says is incorrect. I have also tried holding down the home and sleep/wake buttons and it goes to the white apple screen but doesn't reset. How can I resolve this without going into an apple store?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:39 PM

6 replies

Nov 24, 2015 10:58 PM in response to ckuan

we have done all of that together. I have his correct apple username and password. I've logged into his account online just to make sure. it's just with this iphone that the password isn't working. i also went through those links before i asked this question and did everything it said. let me re explain. the password is correct on the apple account on his new iphone, when logging into apple support, when logging into icloud, but when resetting on the iphone he gave me it keeps telling me the password is incorrect.

When trying to reset, I enter correct apple ID PW yet it says incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.