Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 to honda crv problem

I just replaced my iphone 4 with a 6. My CRV will not link to the 6. What's the work around?

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:38 AM

Hi there reldieb,

It sounds like you're having issues getting your phone to connect to your vehicle. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article to help you out with that:

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 7:38 AM in response to reldieb

Hi there reldieb,

It sounds like you're having issues getting your phone to connect to your vehicle. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article to help you out with that:

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Nov 26, 2015 7:43 AM in response to sterling r

The solution to linking a phone to a Honda is to follow the directions for linking A SECOND PHONE to your Honda. The problem is NOT the iPhone 6. Here is the heart of the solution. (Pull down the pdf on the Honda website and follow the directions for linking a second phone).

When the Honda Link asks you if you want to link your phone, answer "NO". Seems counter intuitive, but after you say NO the rest of the dialogue is very obvious, its about linking a new phone - just follow the directions from there.

Nov 29, 2015 2:48 PM in response to reldieb

One last general comment. After moving from an iPhone 4 to a iPhone 6S. I am amazed at the number of half baked solutions people post. Do all apple users a favor and tell them to first reboot their device (turn it off and turn it back on) I so happens that another problem I had was that my mail system did not seem to come over to my new phone. My grandson quickly cured that when he turned my iphone off and back on and presto there's my mail.

iphone 6 to honda crv problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.