Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset an iPhone 6 when you forget your password, it's been put on airplane mode, and turned off?

HI,

My friend has an iPhone 6s (iOS 9.1) and someone else changed her passcode (6 numbers) and they forgot it. Then she could still get on her phone with the Touch ID until she turned her phone on airplane mode when she went on a plane and then turned off her phone. Now since she turned it off it will only take the passcode that she doesn't know to get in. She tried reseting it with her computer and resenting it with Find My iPhone but since it's on airplane mode, it can't connect to wifi. How can she reset her iPhone so she can back it up with iCloud?

Thank you,

Lowerunner28

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 8:57 PM

4 replies

Nov 24, 2015 10:20 PM in response to Lowerunner28

Lowerunner28 wrote:

HI,

My friend has an iPhone 6s (iOS 9.1) and someone else changed her passcode (6 numbers) and they forgot it. ...

You cannot change the passcode without first putting in the original passcode.

That is silly to let someone knows your passcode and then let them change it in the first place.

Follow Gail's tip about restoring the iPhone.

How to reset an iPhone 6 when you forget your password, it's been put on airplane mode, and turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.