Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.1 Constantly Searching

I have a 128GB iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1 on a AT&T network and Comcast WiFi.

It is constantly searching (spinning wheel to right of WiFi signal bar at top menu) whether on AT&T LTE or WiFi. It is shortening battery life to about 1/2 a day with very little use. I have swiped off apps and powered off and restarted several times. As soon as I use an app the wheel stops spinning.

I have iCloud Drive On for 5 apps; Dropbox, Day One, iMovie, Mail, My Medical.

Use Cellular Data is OFF. I do not send photos or movies to iCloud.

Notification OFF, AMBER Alerts OFF, Emergency Alerts OFF.

Location Services ON but only a few apps. I've turned each app off individually to see if the spinning wheel will stop. It doesn't.

Diagnostic and Usage Data is checked to Don't Send.

Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Thanks - Roger

iMovie (iOS), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 11:32 AM

Hello Roger,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that your iPhone is constantly checking for a signal and running it's battery down. I would try turning off Wi-Fi and cellular independently to see which network it is searching for. Once you find that out, you can use one of the following articles to troubleshoot the issue.

If you can‘t connect to a cellular network or cellular data

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Roger Crowley

Hello Roger,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that your iPhone is constantly checking for a signal and running it's battery down. I would try turning off Wi-Fi and cellular independently to see which network it is searching for. Once you find that out, you can use one of the following articles to troubleshoot the issue.

If you can‘t connect to a cellular network or cellular data

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Best regards.

iOS 9.1 Constantly Searching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.