Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S (Verizon) - Disconnects From Wi-Fi After Sleep

Hello everyone!

So I am a long time iPhone user, since Gen 1. I see that there are a lot of these threads that are out there but they all seem to be outdated. I want to talk about this Generation. The latest software and confirm that this still happens to everyone. I have been noticing it more and more like clock work. I just bought the new iPhone 6S on Verizon and I gave my old iPhone to my girl friend. We are using a ASUS Router (Can't remember the model but I know it is high end since we paid over $400 at Best Buy for it). I can set my phone down and minutes later wake it up to see that it is off of WiFi. This is happening on her phone as well. Yes I have reset the phone, I have reset the Network settings. I have added a Google DNS and other DNS settings in hopes it would change something and nothing. It always disconnects within minutes of being asleep. I always wondered if it was just on a Hyrbid sleep like I have heard before. I turned off my celluar data to ensure that it cannot connect to LTE. I left it to go to sleep and sure enough, I wound't even get iMessages or any other notifications until I woke my phone up. Here is the interesting thing, this is happening to both my GF and I and we have Verizon iPhones. My roommate also has a 6 and he is on Sprint and he NEVER experiences his phone disconnecting from Wi-Fi. I have no idea what to think. I have tested with his phone and he is right. It is always on Wi-Fi when he wakes it up.

Any thoughts? I know this issue couldn't have gone away. Surely there has to be others. Any solutions? I just can't believe how extremely annoying this is. Even with my Wi-Fi assist off, the first month of owning this phone I used 8GB's of data when I have historically never gone above 4GB.

Thoughts, comments, anything would be appreciated.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:03 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 6S (Verizon) - Disconnects From Wi-Fi After Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.