Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the Apple ID of a Podcast Channel?

I've created a Podcast Channel and I have already submmited 3 podcasts. Then I realized the Apple ID logged in on my iTunes was not mine, it was my sister's email.

How can I change it? Or... do I have to change it?

I just wanna keep the podcasts there and start to post new podcasts with a different Apple ID and I am not sure how much the Apple ID is important in this proccess.

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:40 AM

You need an Apple ID to submit a podcast in the first place, but it's not so important once you've been accepted. Access to the feed is accepted as authority to modify it, so you don't have to do anything to add episodes except add them to the feed and re-publish it: the rest follows.

You should make sure that your own email address is in the 'itunes:owner' tag in the top section of the feed: this is what it used should the Store staff need to contact you. Apart from that I don't think the ID really matters; if you are still concerned about it you would have to ask Support about this. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Other' and proceed from there.

You say you want to 'post new podcasts' but I assume you really mean episodes in the same podcast, so as I say you can simply add them to the feed - it doesn't matter what ID you are signed into iTunes with. If you really want to start a new, separate, podcast with its own collection of episodes and a different overall title then you can just sign in with your own ID and submit it - it won't affect the original podcast in any way.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 4:40 AM in response to marcelamtonon

You need an Apple ID to submit a podcast in the first place, but it's not so important once you've been accepted. Access to the feed is accepted as authority to modify it, so you don't have to do anything to add episodes except add them to the feed and re-publish it: the rest follows.

You should make sure that your own email address is in the 'itunes:owner' tag in the top section of the feed: this is what it used should the Store staff need to contact you. Apart from that I don't think the ID really matters; if you are still concerned about it you would have to ask Support about this. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Other' and proceed from there.

You say you want to 'post new podcasts' but I assume you really mean episodes in the same podcast, so as I say you can simply add them to the feed - it doesn't matter what ID you are signed into iTunes with. If you really want to start a new, separate, podcast with its own collection of episodes and a different overall title then you can just sign in with your own ID and submit it - it won't affect the original podcast in any way.

Nov 25, 2015 4:46 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you very much Roger!!

That's it!! I was concerned about the "owner" of the podcast on iTunes.. because my syster is not related to the project I have started... So I understand there is no owner on iTunes, am I right?!

I have full access to the feed, so I can add more episodes any time and re-publish them! That's all I need I think.

One more thing... here in Brazil we call "Podcast" a single audio, and the whole thing we call a "Podcast Channel". Are we wrong about that?

Thank you again! 🙂

Nov 25, 2015 4:54 AM in response to marcelamtonon

The normally accepted terminology is 'Podcast' for the overall 'wrapper' and 'episodes' for the items it contains: however the usage is vague and people often refer to episodes as podcasts, which is why I was careful to clarify the answer for either usage.

The 'owner' is the email address in the 'itunes:owner' tag, which is what the Store will use if they need to contact you. Otherwise for amending the feed, access to it is sufficient proof of ownership.

How can I change the Apple ID of a Podcast Channel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.