Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad air 2 vertical lines on screen, can't see anything.

I posted this on another forum as well:

Here's what I wrote.

Hi,

Ipad air 2 was working fine, just put it to charge, came back to see it and the screen was full of vertical lines. I can't do anything on it because I can't see the screen.

I tried hard resetting it ( holding power and home button) and made no difference.

I rang up apple and made an appointment at the store. I also rang up an authorised repairer in my area and might take it in to them.

They said they might have to replace it, but I have all my data on my device, I don't want to give it to them. I tried to format it " or restore it" through iTunes, but when I plug it in and it says ' to allow access of this iPad I must respond on your iPad' which I can't do because I can't see anything.

How will I get my data off it now?

Here's a pic of the screen.
http://i.imgur.com/i515nmN.jpg

iPad Air 2-OTHER, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:43 PM

9 replies

Nov 24, 2015 10:02 PM in response to gail from maine

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I reset it that way.

Apparently if the technicians can't fix it they will replace the unit as mentioned in my post.

I have the passcode on and finger print scanner enabled but can't input them because of the screen.

If I give it to them for a replacement, what steps can I do to ensure my data won't be accessed. I don't mind if the data gets deleted ( which is what I'm trying to do) but can anyone use the iPad if they somehow fixed the screen? Will they be able to bypass the passcode/ fingerprint id?

Nov 24, 2015 10:10 PM in response to flipswitch

You can erase the device remotely via iCloud.com if you have Find My iPhone turned on. If you do not have Find My iPhone turned on, then there is no way to erase it unless you hook it up to iTunes, and follow the instructions in this support article under "Erase your device with Recovery Mode":

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Not sure you will be able to do this, but it's worth a shot.

Best of luck,

GB

Nov 25, 2015 7:58 AM in response to flipswitch

Well, that implies that you purchased this device 2nd hand? If so, then it is still Activation Locked by the previous owner. The only way around this is to have the previous owner remove the lock. If you cannot get them to do that, then you want to try to get a refund. If that also is not an option, then you will not be able to use it.

Sorry,

GB

iPad air 2 vertical lines on screen, can't see anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.