Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp "Cant Install the Software" Error

Hi I have been trying to install windows into 2 of my macs, Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 and Macbook Air 2012. Both have OSX 10.11.1 and Boot camp version 6. Both seems to progress through copying windows files and then to "downloading windows installation support software" and as it finishes downloading brings up "can't install the software". Tried hard wired the mac through ethernet, still the same. Tried to download just the windows support software in the macbook air and still the same. Trying to install Windows 10 single language ISO from microsoft website. Looks like there are quite a number of people who have experienced the same issue, but unable to come across any solution. The error seems to be popping just after the completion of the download. Has anyone gone past it? Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:11 AM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 7:05 PM in response to Loner T

yes. Both had the same problem. However the solution seem to be launching boot camp in an account with administrator privilege. The error kept popping as I was running boot camp from non administrator account. Some blogs suggested you had to restore your system. Although I did that initially, later on I found starting off with an account with adminisrtrator privilege is what you actually need. Thanks anyway

Bootcamp "Cant Install the Software" Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.