Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find backup

i have an iPad and my mother has an iPad mini. we decided to change iPads so that my mother can have the bigger screen. I created a backup for the iPad mini and then for the iPad in iTunes. I did a reset on both devices. Then I tried restoring the backup of the one device to the other. I could find the backup of the iPad, but not of the iPad mini! how can I solve this issue?

iPad Mini

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:55 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 10:21 PM in response to kderbu

kderbu wrote:

I created a backup for the iPad mini and then for the iPad in iTunes.

This sounds like a mistake ... unless you used two separate user accounts on the computer containing the backup. It is not a good idea to try to co-mingle two different Apple IDs using the same iTunes. It sounds like that is just what you did.

Nov 25, 2015 1:21 PM in response to kderbu

Sharing the same desktop is just fine. Sharing the same iTunes software is fine too. But sharing the same iTunes data is the issue.

So if you're going to share a computer with someone, each of you should have your own account on that computer with your own username/password. Then each of you would use your username/password to access iTunes and keep your data separate.

Cannot find backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.