Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tuner setting no longer displayed

The tuner setting (I.e. 440 or 438) used to display when in running mode. Now it just says "null". Hope can I fix this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:22 AM

8 replies

Dec 7, 2015 4:13 PM in response to Bruno Filipe

Bruno:

Thanks. I actually went a bit further. I wiped my whole system, upgraded to El Capitan, and reinstalled all. At first the tuner setting was showing. Then I loaded an old concert and "poof", it was back to not working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but no luck. So... it might be the preference files. I don't know what I am doing when it comes to that. Can you describe or recommend some links to directions? Appreciation in advance...

Dec 11, 2015 4:14 AM in response to VguitarGuy

Hi there,

You may try to remove the MS preferences files. Check:

Delete user preferences

Before you reset user preferences, be sure to first review your MainStage preferences and note non-default settings you've chosen. When resetting the MainStage 3 preferences, these preferences will return to default. For more information on preferences, see Preferences overview in the MainStage 3 User Guide.

To reset your MainStage 3 user preference settings to their original state:

1. Quit MainStage 3 if it's open.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  3. Type: ~/Library/Preferences
  4. Click the Go button.
  5. Remove the com.apple.mainstage3.plist file from the Preferences folder.
  6. Restart the computer.

Or, you can quit MainStage, open Terminal, then execute this command:

defaults delete com.apple.mainstage3

After resetting the preferences to default, see if the issue still happens. If it's fixed, set your preferences back to how you had them and test again.

Dec 11, 2015 7:28 PM in response to Bruno Filipe

Bruno:

That was close to a solution. I deleted the preference. The setting of "440" displays properly until I change the tuning slider to say "438" were our piano is typically tuned. The display on the tuner then goes to "null". If I go through the procedure to delete the preference file I get back "440" until I try to change the pitch again... then it goes back to "null". So.... I submitted a detailed bug report.

Thanks for the help!

Tuner setting no longer displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.