Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can i find my folders and files, in Finder i only can see photolibrary

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 12:32 AM

The photos are hidden away in the photo library on purpose, so they are protected from accidental modification.

And also, the edited photos do not exist as image files. iPhoto stores only the original image files and the steps necessary to render the edited files, but the edited images live in Limbo until you export them from iPhoto. Only then the edited photos will be rendered. This saves storage and ensures that rendering errors do not accumulate. All edited versions will be rendered starting from the original.

The originals you import are stored in the Masters folder inside the iphoto library package, and when you backup the iPhoto library, your original files will be saved as well. You can see the originals when you ctrl-click the iphoto ibrary, and select "Show Package Contents", but it is not safe to browse the photo library this way.You can accidentaly damage the library. Export photos from iphoto using "File > Export" or use the media browser to access the library from other applications.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 12:32 AM in response to brandweer

The photos are hidden away in the photo library on purpose, so they are protected from accidental modification.

And also, the edited photos do not exist as image files. iPhoto stores only the original image files and the steps necessary to render the edited files, but the edited images live in Limbo until you export them from iPhoto. Only then the edited photos will be rendered. This saves storage and ensures that rendering errors do not accumulate. All edited versions will be rendered starting from the original.

The originals you import are stored in the Masters folder inside the iphoto library package, and when you backup the iPhoto library, your original files will be saved as well. You can see the originals when you ctrl-click the iphoto ibrary, and select "Show Package Contents", but it is not safe to browse the photo library this way.You can accidentaly damage the library. Export photos from iphoto using "File > Export" or use the media browser to access the library from other applications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.