Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I replace my iphone's battery ?

Hello,

I could see my i-phone 5c's charging getting drained very quickly(10 hrs in standby mode). I even tried by upgrading to ios9 ,restoring to some old back up,made all battery optimizations but no success. My phone is two years old and ibackupbot shows following information for my phone.

CycleCount: 626

DesignCapacity: 1500

FullChargeCapacity: 1300

BatteryCurrentCapacity: 92

BatteryIsCharging: true

ExternalChargeCapable: true

ExternalConnected: true

FullyCharged: false

GasGaugeCapability: true

HasBattery: true

Currently 100%charged battery with wifi,cellular,bluetooth off and with no background apps running lasts for only 10 to 11 hrs in standby mode.More over I am facing this outage problem from last 4 days only.Earlier my battery's performance was too good.

Please let me know if I have to change battery in this case.

Regards,

Mansoor

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 1:52 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 6:42 AM in response to beingmansoor

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as before, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

There are also a few things that can lead to that faster battery use, for example:

If you are using iCloud, try to disable syncing contacts, restart the phone and check again on the battery use.

Same for Mail, deleting and adding the account back again helped some users, especially when using an exchange account.

Or the Autodownload feature for music and apps in Settings/iTunes&AppStore. If enabled, disable them and check again the usage and standby time of the phone.

Should I replace my iphone's battery ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.