Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad shares an iTunes account with my iPhone and won't sync non purchased music

As my iPhone has virtually no memory (8GB rookie error purchase there...) I want to store most of my music on my iPad, which has much more storage. However, I can only get the purchased, iCloud, music onto my iPad music library. Any idea how to sort this? My iPad was synced up to my laptop before my iPhone so I am not sure if the shared iTunes account is even an issue and the syncing error is just related to the iPad. Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, itunes

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 3:54 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 12:16 PM in response to EMayC

Hey EMayC,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you previously imported music into iTunes on your Mac and then synced those tracks to your iPhone, but now there's an issue syncing those tracks to your iPad which is using iCloud Music Library. Take a look at the article linked below and try uploading those songs the Apple Music Library that is synced with your iPad.

Add music from your own collection to your Apple Music library - Apple Support

So long.

My iPad shares an iTunes account with my iPhone and won't sync non purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.