Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon printer Wifi problems

I bought a Canon LBP6030w laserprinter. Installed it and all seemed well. I works well using USB. Wifi is installed successfully and printer has IP address.

Problem: When trying to print wireless, printer status starts at: "Idle, Default" Green circle.

User uploaded file

Than it changes to: :In use, Default: yellow circle.

User uploaded file

Print monitor says "the printer is not connected".

User uploaded file

Tried removing and reinstalling printer over and over again. Restarted computer, restarted router. Still no luck.

I hope someone can help me resolve this.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 3:28 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 10:21 AM in response to Macnique

Just to make sure I understand how you have your printer connected, is it by wireless, USB, or both? It shouldn't be both. If, on the other hand, you are saying that it worked perfectly when connected by USB, but not by wireless, then the issue may be the printer's print server settings.

When connected to the AirPort base station by USB, the base station is performing as the print server; when connected by wireless (or Ethernet) the printer, itself, is the server.

Canon printer Wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.