Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

They are on my iPad (or iPhone) ...

So I launch iTunes, click on Purchased under my userID and then click on Apps. I then click Not in My Library. Every single app I have ever even thought about displays. And every one has the little download cloud icon telling me to download it. That includes all the apps currently living on my iPad, which is most of the ones listed under Not in My Library. Switching to All shows the exact same list, including the download icon on every app icon.

Is there some way to get iTunes sobered up and properly displaying what is what?

Also when I did this iTunes started downloading a bunch of app and album art. What was that about?

iPad Air 2-OTHER, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 6:35 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 7:11 AM in response to DesertRatR

I have no firsthand experience of this since I have absolutely no apps, I have just read about this. Recently Apple changed how apps are presented. If you download an app directly to a device the app is customized to that particular device. If you download an app directly to iTunes you get a version which is larger but will run on any device. You can no longer transfer apps from a device to iTunes. So it may look like the same app but in fact they are two different versions and not really the same. Perhaps that is why you are being invited to download it from the Store to the computer.

They are on my iPad (or iPhone) ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.