Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying hard reset, doesn't recognize icloud password

I'm trying to erase my ipad mini 3 to the factory settings. When I click on Erase data and settings. It asks for my password. I type it in but it won't recognize it. I even reset the icloud password and it still didn't work. Any suggestions, other than throwing it out the window? Thanks!

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:55 AM

Hello texaspat

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are wanting to erase the content and settings from your iPad. Here are a couple of articles that pertain to doing this. The first for erasing the iPad and the second if you have forgotten the passcode for the iPad.

Erase all content and settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you have difficulties, then you may need the following article:

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 10:55 AM in response to texaspat

Hello texaspat

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are wanting to erase the content and settings from your iPad. Here are a couple of articles that pertain to doing this. The first for erasing the iPad and the second if you have forgotten the passcode for the iPad.

Erase all content and settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you have difficulties, then you may need the following article:

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

Trying hard reset, doesn't recognize icloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.