Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

samsung se 506

iMac 21.5 late 2012 2,9Ghz intelcore i5 16 Gb 1600 Mhz DDR 3 Nvidia ge force GT 650 M 512 Mb

Os X yosemite 10.10.5

Compressor 4.2.1

I try to crate a blu ray movie with Compressor but after the batch it say:"Cannot create because the specified device could not to be found"

I have connected a new Samsung se 506 that I am sure is properly connected, I can play a DVD movie using iDVD.

Looking at Utility-System information- Disc Burner- I can only find the DVD Superdrive se 208 GB, that I had disconnected, but there is nothing about Samsung se 506 cb

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 3:17 AM

6 replies

Nov 28, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Russ H

hi Russ H

the reality is further fantasy (translation from italian). I could't see the Se 506 blu ray writer on the hardware system because there was no blu ray writer at all!

The seller put a se 208gb DVD writer inside a box of a se 506 blu ray (they are very similiar) and I was thinking the Dvd writer that appeared in the hardware system was the old dvd writer that I have. I needed some time to realize it!

Thanks and goodby

samsung se 506

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.