Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Differents iOS sizes ( 7.0.4 & 7.1.2 )

Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 4 and iTunes ask me for an update ( from 7.0.4 to 7.1.2 ).

But I currently lack 610mo of free space to update.

I would like to know the different sizes for each updates ( well at least between these ones) but I couldn't find it online.

Because I'm not ready to lose more than 600mo to have new emojis and a slighty improved speed...

Thanks and sorry for any mistake, english isn't my native tongue.

( finally achieved to post this after one hour of "You are not allowed to create or update this content" message.)

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, 16Go - Not up to date

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:05 AM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Fredylick

The answer to your question for a need for space on your phone lies in the need for the operating system, once it downloads its installation files, to unpack those files and install the components of the update. It will delete those files once it is finished, but it needs space to "spread out," so to speak, and do its job. So do the other apps on your system, so you need that room to spare to keep your device from freezing up and acting up in other ways. This is true of computers and other electronic devices as well.

Differents iOS sizes ( 7.0.4 & 7.1.2 )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.