Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x - el captain compatability

Hi,

I am finding it hard to find information about LOGIC PRO X and its compatibility with El Captain.

Luckily I have found out that Native Instruments and Arturia (MINILAB) have all their problems fixed but I cant seem to find the relevant and up to date information on Logic Pro X being in the same position. This is the last fix I need in order to update!

- also if anyone can recommend if I should download the new drivers for my Native Instruments hardware (TRAKTOR S4 AND KONTROL F1) before I upgrade to El Captain or wait until the update is complete, or if it doesn't matter that would be helpful!

If anyone has any information regarding this I would greatly appreciate it. I need to upgrade as I skipped Yosemite due to the same problems, and im falling ay behind!!

Thanks

Sades

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:35 AM

5 replies

Nov 25, 2015 3:03 PM in response to Jan Due1

People are still adding to it. Last entry, as of today the 25th, was 23rd November.

Pretty sure Art started the thread with the intention for it to be on-going. As issues are solved, updates released, so the thread gets updated in an attempt to centralise compatibility issues instead of having scattered threads.

Nov 26, 2015 4:36 AM in response to sades88

Recently (last week or two) Apple addressed some issues affecting validation of AU plugins in OSX El Cap 10.1.
Native Instruments has a page dedicated to this but it looks like you've visited that
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/4431/os-x-10.11 -el-capitan-compatibility-news/
I'm running El Cap 10.1.1 (the update to 10.1) with Logic Pro X 10.2.0 ( I waited until NI issued the El Cap green light to go ahead and upgrade)
I'm not having a problem with Massive, Kontakt, Komplete Control. So far the only bugs in LPX do not appear to be related to El Cap 10.1.1 because those bugs have existed for quite a while according to old forum post I've read.
But be aware that SOME earlier (legacy) Traktor and Machine hardware products still have issues, its way too early to know if it works so if you perform live think carefully.
Incidentally OSX El Cap is not a major upgrade it just adds a bit of polish like fonts, split screen and probably a few security benefits under the hood.
Many of the plugin developers who've decided to add NKS support won't have it done until late this year
See http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontro l-s-series/nks/ for more info
I can't find any info on Apple's site in relation to OSX and LPX either, too early to confirm fixes have worked. But keep an eye on this page http://www.apple.com/support/osx/
Here's all I could find
Logic Pro X 10.2 Release Notes - Apple Support

logic pro x - el captain compatability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.