Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This accessory may not be supported" on iPhone 6

Hello, everyone!

I recently went to a certified apple retail store and bought the new aluminium dock for my iPhone 6.

Most of the times it works, but sometimes this message appears: "This accessory may not be supported."

I am very mad because this is a product made by apple and should work (it's also very expensive)!!

I was also wondering ~ is this maybe my iPhone's fault? I don't think so though because it is very new. I bought this iPhone 1 month ago.

By the way, I am using the original apple cables that came with the iPhone. Also, charging works perfectly without the dock. Just when I use the dock, the message appears.

Please give specific procedures!

Thank you!!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1, 64GB, Silver

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:59 PM

Hello Athinaya6088,

After reviewing your post, It sounds like a product is not working with your device. I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”

If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 9:59 PM in response to Athinaya6088

Hello Athinaya6088,

After reviewing your post, It sounds like a product is not working with your device. I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”

If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day.

"This accessory may not be supported" on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.