Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when sending an email it is saving two copies to my sent file? how do i stop this

Since upgrading to the new OS recently my mail app has started saving two copies of my sent messages in my sent folder. How do I turn this feature off ???

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:50 AM

11 replies

Nov 25, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Irishsean1

Irishsean1 wrote:

ckuan i have not checked my provider server settings as I would not know were to start doing that. if you can explain to me how too i will definitely give that a go.

Csound1 its happening using my Hotmail account ??

Hotmail can (does) now use the Outlook.com servers, so knowing your settings matters.

Open Mail, go to Preferences>Accounts>Hotmail account>Outgoing server (SMTP)>Edit Server>Hotmail. Read the settings from both tabs in there.

Nov 25, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Irishsean1

Irishsean1 wrote:

ok I've gotten to the server edit and both of my email accounts are listed here ?? what do i do next ??

it only has my email address and the smtp server name, which is outlook.com...

So it is an Outlook account, using an Outlook server. This was a bug at Microsoft's end, they say it has been fixed but it still seems to be affecting some people, question, are the 2 copies of the sent mail in the same folder, or are there 2 sent folders.

when sending an email it is saving two copies to my sent file? how do i stop this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.