Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't export my video file or upload to Youtube.

Hello,

So I currently am running OSX El Capitan & my iMovie version is 10.1. When I try & upload a video to YouTube the little circle comes up to say it's writing the video & after a few seconds it disappears & nothing happens. The same happens when I try & export the file. The file exports only 1 minute of the video I'm working on. Then hours later I get the notification in the right hand screen that both the upload & export have failed. I've uninstalled iMovie & then reinstalled it, I've also deleted old movies to make room & it's still not working. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:42 AM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2016 6:19 PM in response to alishajoy

Hey, I have this same issue. I found a partial solution. My video was about 26 min. long. I split the video around the 15 min. mark and cut-and-paste everything after into a new project. That new project is now exporting with a progress bar. I'll let you know if its successful. I'm going to try copy-and-pasting the first part of the movie into a new project.

iMovie won't export my video file or upload to Youtube.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.