Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RRingtone reverting to default AND Siri texting is messed up

I have seen some posts about these problems that span many years. I see mostly speculation, bad advice from Apple, and the usual solutions that either don't stick or don't work for everybody. If I missed a post about a definitive solution I apologize ahead of time.

Here goes one more time.

Yesterday I tried to get Siri to text my wife by name. This has worked flawlessly ever since I bought my iPhone 4s years ago. Siri told me that I had two entries for my wife and that neither of her phone numbers could be texted to. This is just false. My iPad Air has also never had this problem before - and now it does as well.

The next time my wife called me I got the default ring. All of my ring tones are the ones that came with the phone and iPad. I have not purchased any ringtones. I have the same alternate ring for my wife and both kids. This lets me know if the call is potentially a life line call. All other calls can wait. Their tones make me look immediately at my device. I looked at my contacts and I see that their ringtones have reverted to the default ring.

Since both of these issues seem to have occurred simultaneously it makes me feel as if their is a common cause for these two seemingly independent issues.

My system software is current on both devices and they were updated weeks ago.

Has anyone found the definitive answer to this?

thanks!

Pete

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:09 AM

There are no replies.

RRingtone reverting to default AND Siri texting is messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.