Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10 Slowness

I've been working on a project with many small clips and about 5 audio files. Things were fine one day, and then slowed to a halt the next. I gradually tried scaling the video back so I could export what I had. I removed part of the video and all of the audio files. My thoughts being I could then continue with the bulk of the project being in one larger file.

I feel like I've cleaned things up pretty well, and started a "new" project to continue my video, but iMovie is still crawling. I see an improvement, but I can't even watch the one clip in the current project in the preview screen to edit it. The preview just freezes.

I feel like I need to reset things, if that's possible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 6:58 AM

1 reply

iMovie 10 Slowness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.