Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access denied to a couple of folders

Hi,

I am not too sure is Sophos is the culprit of denying access to the following folders ApplePushService and com.apple.TCC and com.apple.iconservices.store. I clicked on get info and clicked on the padlock and still cannot get access to either of these folders. Furthermore, this has happened on my new Mac Mini as well. As one of the supporters mentioned it could possibly be Sophos. if this is the case, I will need to remove Sophos, but need to know how I can possibly get access or get help to repair the folder. Your help and suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Kind regards

rachealfromva

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:04 AM

Could be since Sophos can quarantine suspected files.

After uninstall Sophos using their instructions

You can try reinstalling the 10,6.8 combo update(s)

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update

2 replies

Nov 26, 2015 2:11 AM in response to lllaass

Hi lllaass

Many thanks for your support, I am running Yosemite 1010.5. I will uninstall Sophos and reinstall as you suggested, secondly, is there any better software than Sophos, if so, please advise. Normally, I would not bother with the antivirus, unfortunately it is in the area we live, for one thing and the other I am not too sure about the internet suppliers here, I do not trust them for proficiency, the are about ten years behind. After I uninstall Sophos, can I get access to the access denied folders?

Thanks for your Support

Kind regards

rachealfromva

Vancouver has changed so much my family live in Kelowna

Access denied to a couple of folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.