Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning my Macbook air.

I usually clean the screen on my macbook with a lens cloth as when I looked on the Apple website, that was their recommendation, but there a marks on my screen that just don't seem to be coming off with just the cloth alone. When I got my glasses I was given a special spray to clean them with, so I was wondering whether it would be OK to use a little of that on the lens cloth to remove the marks. I have seen sev youtube videos of people using things like window/glass cleaner to clean their Macbook and it seemed to be fine, but I'm reluctant to try it just incase damages my screen.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks 🙂

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:33 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 2:24 PM in response to LiveLaughLove91x

Greetings LiveLaughLove91x,

To clean the display of your MacBook Air, use the procedure in this article - OS X El Capitan: Clean your computer screen

Specifically -

Clean your computer’s screen

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord and any connected devices.

2. Dampen the cloth that came with your computer with water only. (Alternately, you can use a clean, soft, lint-free cloth.) Then wipe the screen.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well.

Cleaning my Macbook air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.