Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iPhone 6 into the toilet/ LCD now not working

I dropped my iPhone 6 into the toilet on accident and my earsphones disconnected and my screen lit up just when it hit the water. Immediately part of the screen started to fade, I tried shutting it off, but It wouldn't swipe(I of course dried what I could and removed it from it's phone case). I even held the power button for 30 seconds and then tried holding the home button and power button, I thought I got it to work until I saw the Apple logo pop up again. I was in school at the time I called my mom and then went to the cafeteria to get a bag of rice to keep it in for the rest of the school day. I went to my 3rd period teacher and told her what happened and she tried to shut it down too, we thought she got it to work(I was to scared of short circuiting the phone and didn't check), but when I went home that evening my 8 o' clock alarm went off and then the next morning my 5 o' clock alarm went off. It would ring and then stop and then ring again and then stopped ringing all together. My first thought was that it short circuited and I killed my phone. I had forgotten about my alarms and notifications. When I got home (before the alarms went off) I grabbed a bowl of rice and stuck the phone in until it was completely covered by rice, I left my phone in there for 7 days because I didn't/don't know the extent of the damage. After 7 days(today) I plug the phone in to charge to see if I get a response, nothing for a couple of minutes and then my phone starts to buzz, but when I press on the power on button or the home button, even both nothing happened(I held each button for 30 seconds and then tried them together for 30 seconds)! I had a inkling that my display would possibly go because it started to fade and then the phone lost sensitivity to the screen and would not turn off. I went online and saw that most likely I fried the LCD(not on purpose, I did try to turn the phone off to no avail) Please help me!? Is my phone savable if the LCD isn't working? I was going to take it to Apple's Geek Bar to have it looked at and go from there, but I'm not ready to part with this phone, so I was going to have in completely refurbished and sent back to me. What are some options!? I'm not a DIY user and am not confident enough to open my phone up.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:17 AM

2 replies

I dropped my iPhone 6 into the toilet/ LCD now not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.