Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to revert back to mac os X from mac running on completely windows?

I was installing windows on my mac. But during mbr to gpt conversion, I just formatted the entire disk into gpt and now my mac is having only windows. I need OS X also along with that. How to do it? Need assistance.

MacBook Pro, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 6:25 AM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2015 12:19 PM in response to bharathambuga

Plug in an Ethernet cable, and see if just command+R will boot you into Recovery, so you can reinstall Mavericks. You will have to use Utilities to reformat that boot drive as OS X HFS+ Extended, options as GUID. Once you get Mavericks reinstalled, and fully updated, then use its Boot Camp to reinstall Windows 8.1.

If for any reason the boot from Recovery does not work, then you will have to perform the boot into Internet Recovery that I mentioned in the previous post. That will not fetch Mavericks, but the OS X release (Lion) that originally shipped with that model MBP. If you had ever downloaded Mavericks from the OS X App Store, then you should be able to redownload, and update to Mavericks.

How to revert back to mac os X from mac running on completely windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.