Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i reset my iPhone which is disabled in Airplane mode?

hi,

i recently updated my iPhone 5S 16GB to iOS 9 at one of the apple stores. i put my phone on airplane mode and as i didn't want to use cellular services. i then tried to connect to wifi, but somehow that was unsuccessful. so i tried to reset the phone, backed it up at first and tried to reset it. but i soon discovered that its impossible to reset an iPhone without internet connection (logged into iCloud from my mac and tried to erase the iPhone , unsuccessful). i do not have internet connection in the phone, i have limited access to the internet through wifi, which I'm currently using through my mac. my phone currently is in the airplane mode, i have maxed out all attempts of entering a passcode, hence its disabled. please advise a method by which i can reset my iPhone without an active internet connection, if possible , without loss of data.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:26 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 7:33 AM in response to varunonhayabusa

I'm afraid nothing can be done without data loss.

Take a look at this Apple Support article:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

How can i reset my iPhone which is disabled in Airplane mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.