Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to you do Show Print View in upgraded Numbers 5.6.1?

I upgraded Numbers to 5.6.1. I'm not sure this was thoroughly vetted ahead of time. Biggest problem:

- How do I do Show Print View? Used to be, logically, under View on the top bar. Apple online help is for the older version.

Minor issue FYI:

- When it asks you if you want to convert a spreadsheet to new format, the spreadsheet may end up with mixed font sizes which you have to fix manually

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 12GB RAM

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:52 PM

I am guessing you mean Numbers 3.6.1. There is not "print view" in Numbers 3. You can, however, preview after choosing File > Print.

Numbers 3 is not as good as Numbers 2 at precision printing of documents. It's more oriented toward an environment with less printing and more cross-platform use and online viewing.

If you need the old printing capabilities you should still have Numbers 2 on your Mac, in a subfolder within Applications. Numbers 3 is in your main Applications folder.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Venicejim

I am guessing you mean Numbers 3.6.1. There is not "print view" in Numbers 3. You can, however, preview after choosing File > Print.

Numbers 3 is not as good as Numbers 2 at precision printing of documents. It's more oriented toward an environment with less printing and more cross-platform use and online viewing.

If you need the old printing capabilities you should still have Numbers 2 on your Mac, in a subfolder within Applications. Numbers 3 is in your main Applications folder.

SG

Nov 25, 2015 3:09 PM in response to SGIII

Thanks for your response and help, SG. I did lie, the level is 3.6.1, you're right, sorry. I did find the old version, in Applications/iWork '09

The prior version Print View option allowed you to see how much was going to print on a page, whether your sheet would fit on a given page, guiding you to best row and column sizing. Also, it would repeat the heading lines in the window so you always had column headings available on multi-page spreadsheets. Now I have to navigate back to the top to check an array of nine possible entry columns, where before I had the headings available on each page in Page View. This spreadsheet is about 24c x 250r, so there's a lot of truckin' around.

Where to you do Show Print View in upgraded Numbers 5.6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.