Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group conversation

Although I am running ios 9.1 on my iPhone 6plus, not only can't I add a contact to a group message, but I also do not have the option to remove one either. What can I do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:53 AM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2015 9:39 AM in response to LeslieRN111

Standard user troubleshooting steps include restart, reset, restore from backup, restore to factory. The restart and reset will not affect any content on your device.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

I'm guessing here that you have not experienced this problem in the past? Have you made any changes to the device if it was working before and has stopped now? Have you tried deleting that conversation and starting over again, or start a new group chat with someone else and see if you experience the same problems?

EDIT: One last thought I just had, you indicated there were more than 3 users in the group, how many total people are there? It may be you have exceeded the maximum number in a message? There used to be a maximum number. I don't use group messages that much, so I don't know if this has changed any, but I remember there was a maximum in the past.

Group conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.