Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Password Not Working On One Device

I currently have three devices associated with my Apple ID.....an iPhone 4s, an iPad Mini, and an iPad 2. I also have a Windows PC with iTunes and iCloud installed on it for that Apple ID. I want to erase all content and settings on the iPad 2 but when I enter the password for my Apple ID and tap ERASE, it does not proceed with the erase. Instead the box with the Apple ID and password jiggles, then stops. I've re-typed password several times and got the same results. I tested the password on the iPhone and iPad mini and the password works. I restarted the iPad 2 and tried again with no success. I have a wireless home network and network and when the iPad is connected to it, web pages will not load. I tried erasing with the iPad connected to the network, then tried it after disconnecting. No luck. The App Store will not load on the device when connected. Nothing has changed since it was last used....it worked fine a few days ago, and today the issue popped up. It has never been connected to the Windows PC (Windows 7 OS) at all, never been backed up via iTunes, but has backup on iCloud and iOS 9 is installed. It shows a backup for iOS 9.1 is available, but since my intention is to erase the device, I saw no need to install it. Only seven apps have user-installed; the remaining apps are Apple's stock apps that come with the software.

Hopefully I have provided enough information to determine the cause of the issue and how to resolve it. Some info likely has nothing to do with the problem, but I just want to try and cover all the bases. If I've left out anything, please let me know. I am at a total loss here; normally I manage to figure things out on my own with a little research online but there have been a few things recently I've needed help with and here's another one. I will greatly appreciate anyone's professional expertise!!

I'm unsure of the proper category....none seem to relate appropriately to my issue, so I'm winging it. Also, the iOS version that appears to be added automatically to this message is incorrect. Correct version is indicated above.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:27 AM

There are no replies.

Apple ID Password Not Working On One Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.