Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open Photo. It says The application “Photos.app” is not open anymore.

I upgraded my Imac to Yosemite and cannot upload any of my pictures to the new app "Photo". I have tried multiple times to do this, but it refuses to even acknowledge my iphone 6 plus anymore when I plug it in. It pretends to upload after many attempts and then it fails. In the meantime, I use my iphone to take pictures and videos and its getting all filled up with data and I cannot dump it anywhere. I was finally able to dump some pictures into a flash drive, but then "photo" just crashed and I cannot reopen to delete old pictures in my Imac. Its a real mess. I've been dealing with this problem for over 2 months. I finally took it to an Icare in Thailand to fix and they cannot help me. (I live in Laos) . I'm thinking of turning back to Pc. I think they want me to buy into Icloud which I do not want to do. this is my punishment.

iMac

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:37 AM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Barbie1216

We're just users here like yourself and don't care about your frustrations, only your problems.

That being said tryusing Image Capture to download all of the photos and videos from your iPhone to a folder on the Desktop. Once you've confirmed that the files are safely on your hard drive you can delete them from your iPhone to free up space.

One way users have gotten Photos to see and import photos from their iPhones is to connect the iPhone to the Mac and with the Photos library open reboot the iPhone.

User uploaded file

Nov 25, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Old Toad

Been there, done that weeks ago. Old Toad. Did the same thing... stopped uploading. The problem is muilt-fold. Iphoto does not want to open now. My iphone is not recognized or does on a very random level. I was finally able to get the computer to recognize the new WD drive I bought to download all my pictures, then iphoto crashes for no apparent reason. Slowly trying to unravel this. I will try Entrecheck to see what happening as per rkaufman87.

Btw...don't care... don't comment on my comments

Nov 26, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Barbie1216

Iphoto does not want to open now.

You do mean Photos instead of iPhoto, right? As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and try to create a new, test library. If you can import some photos, open and close to test if the same problem persists. Does it? This is to find out if the problem is limited to your current library or is more widespread.

then iPhoto crashes for no apparent reason

Again you mean Photos, right? Post the first 50 lines of the crash report.

I cannot open Photo. It says The application “Photos.app” is not open anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.