Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound coming just from headphones

All of a sudden the sound from my IPhone 6 comes out just from the headphones, not from the phone itself. I tried rebooting but it didn’t work, and the volume button on the side is up. When I click on a video, I get a box that says headphones. How do I fix t?

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:21 AM

If you are seeing the box that says Headphones, then the device thinks the headphones are still connected. This could be caused by dirt, lint, or other debris in the headphone port. You can try inserting and removing the headphones several times quickly and see if that helps. If not, use a strong flashlight and magnifying glass to see if you can see anything in the port. Also, try powering the device off and back on. If that does not help, then try a reset. This will not affect any data. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. Test after that. If that does not do it, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have the device examined by Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 10:21 AM in response to Wheaton24

If you are seeing the box that says Headphones, then the device thinks the headphones are still connected. This could be caused by dirt, lint, or other debris in the headphone port. You can try inserting and removing the headphones several times quickly and see if that helps. If not, use a strong flashlight and magnifying glass to see if you can see anything in the port. Also, try powering the device off and back on. If that does not help, then try a reset. This will not affect any data. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. Test after that. If that does not do it, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have the device examined by Apple.

Sound coming just from headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.