Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to upgrade itunes to use my iphone 6s

I have a IMac with opering system OSX version 10.7.5 and that's the latest software the computer will support. I bought a new Iphone 6s, signed a new 2 year contract, etc... and was able to sync with Itunes on a daily basis for around three weeks of owning the new phone. I did a restore phone option to new on the new Iphone 6s because I wanted the settings to go back to how they were when I bought the phone, but when doing so the phone automatically upgraded to operating system 9.1. Now I'm unable to sync the phone on my computer and that's not cool... Itunes says I need to upgrade but unable to because I have an "old" computer.

I called Apple and they were no help and did not care. I was told I need to buy a new computer. Not cool. I was also informed that the phone should not have worked on my operating system. How is it that I had no problems within the first weeks of the phone syncing daily with itunes? If it was not suppose to work with my operating system then I would have noticed the first day of having the phone and I would have returned the phone. Now I'm stuck with just a phone only.. I need help to make this right... and APPLE (DOESN'T) CARE...

iphone

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:48 AM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2015 9:29 AM in response to mercury79

Some pre-OSX 10.8.5 users were lucky and found their phones still worked when they did the first iOS9 upgrade over the air as opposed to using iTunes. If you were one of those you should have quit while you were ahead because many people did not and discovered this well over a month ago. I have to say, if any part of anything you do with your computer is older than 5 years you need to closely follow developments (people have been commenting about this all over the net for well over a month now) and fully read system requirements before upgrading. There really is no "solution" now other than to buy a newer computer or to learn the various ways of using the phone in a reduced capacity without using iTunes.

Realize with Apple that anything older than 5 years is no longer supported and frankly it is as if it never existed which is why you get the "doesn't care" impression. It isn't so much "Apple doesn't care" it is no corporation dealing with of any kind of technology from cars to electronics supports items they consider outdated. Think of the reaction it would garner if you went into a store selling movies and complained they "didn't care" because all you had was a VHS player at home and all they had was DVDs.

not able to upgrade itunes to use my iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.