Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Files

I'm not sure if I have this in the right place or not. I have a mac mini running 10.10.5. Whenever I use a flash drive to for music. I'll highlife all of the files on the flash drive and trash them. Then I'll put new music on the flash drive and plug it into my stereo and play it. But the old files will also play. It's like they are hidden or something. I've thrown numerous flash drives away because there will not be any memory left. But when I open the flash drives.

It shows it's empty. Any ideas. Thank You,

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Apple Super Drive,

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:34 AM

Choose Empty Trash from the Finder menu, or control-click the Trash icon in the Dock and empty it.

(136555)

6 replies

Nov 25, 2015 12:45 PM in response to lllaass

As far as I know there is no format is there? When I bought it I just plugged it into a usb port and then I would drag mp3 files onto it. When I wanted to change the music I would highlight all of them and then send them to trash. I wasn't emptying the trash right away though. Disk Utilities didn't show anything either. I was going to format it to see if that would make a difference but i didn't know what option to format it to. I want ti to play in my cd player and also my smart tv. I just dragged 30 songs onto it and the get info said there were 14.5 gigabytes left on it. I'll know better later on if the old songs start to play again. I don't think my cd player has memory in it. So I don't think they could be there also. Next time I'll have to delete the trash right afterwards to see if that does it. Thank you and Niel for responding. :-)

Dec 18, 2015 2:36 PM in response to David Gurga

I'm still at a loss about this. I once again deleted MP3s on the flash drive and they are still there. I tried to erase the flash drive but it wouldn't let me. I tried to format the false drive but it wouldn't let me. The hidden files take over a gig of the space and it says there are 167 files. And I can not figure out how to get to them as they seem to be behind a partition which I have no idea about. Any help?

Hidden Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.