Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2009 MacBook Pro screen replacment

Hey guys,

So my macbook pro leaped off my desk one night. Picked it up and there are essentially two parallel lines of dead pixels near the center of the screen with a dead area connecting them at the right end of the affected area. "Oh well," I think, "I'll just ignore it since everything else works." The next day I open it back up and the lines have grown. I don't think I can ignore this or it'll just keep getting worse.

Now for my question; how do I go about getting the right screen to replace the broken one?

Here is a list of specs on my MBP:

Overview:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Built-in Display

15.4-inch (1440 x 900)

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Hardware Overview:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Color LCD:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

The model number on the bottom of the MacBook has been rubbed off and I cannot find it anywhere else on/in the machine. This seemed to be important when researching what kind of screen to buy. I am pretty confused on how to purchase the right screen because there are so many options (wide screen, LED backlit, LED-backlit, glossy... etc.) and I do no want to buy a screen and have it not work.

I am planning on repairing it myself but I need guidance on how to get the right part for the job. If you need more information to help you help me please let me know.

Thanks,

ST

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:02 AM

1 reply

Mid 2009 MacBook Pro screen replacment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.