Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 53

i have recently broken my iPhone screen and got it fixed with a different company. This is due to apple wanting to charge me almost half the cost of the iPhone six (300/350 euro) , which is crazy for someone who is in college, even the people in the shop I bought it in told me fixing it somewhere else would be ok. I got my screen fixed and for some time it was working normalply, however i could not update my phone. "error 53" kept showing up on my screen when I attempted to install and update and also when I connected it to iTunes. One day the iPhone switched off and all my data was wiped off my phone without any notice. the 'connect to iTunes' came up on th screen, I connected it however iTunes kept showing an error message (53). I handed it to the shop I got it from but supposedly I do not have a warranty for it anymore Because I got my screen fixed elsewhere. I googled the error code online and supposedly this error pops up when iPhones notice a change in the iPhone (home button/screen etc..) . Now I am left with no iPhone or data, my phone does not turn on anymore. i don't know what to do, Apple seems to be forcing people to spend a large amount of money on a simple repair, which I simply could not afford. Does that mean my iPhone six is gone? Or maybe is there some solution?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:18 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 5:08 PM in response to Adalegit

Adalegit wrote:

i have recently broken my iPhone screen and got it fixed with a different company. This is due to apple wanting to charge me almost half the cost of the iPhone six (300/350 euro) , which is crazy for someone who is in college, even the people in the shop I bought it in told me fixing it somewhere else would be ok. I got my screen fixed and for some time it was working normalply, however i could not update my phone. "error 53" kept showing up on my screen when I attempted to install and update and also when I connected it to iTunes. One day the iPhone switched off and all my data was wiped off my phone without any notice. the 'connect to iTunes' came up on th screen, I connected it however iTunes kept showing an error message (53). I handed it to the shop I got it from but supposedly I do not have a warranty for it anymore Because I got my screen fixed elsewhere. I googled the error code online and supposedly this error pops up when iPhones notice a change in the iPhone (home button/screen etc..) . Now I am left with no iPhone or data, my phone does not turn on anymore. i don't know what to do, Apple seems to be forcing people to spend a large amount of money on a simple repair, which I simply could not afford. Does that mean my iPhone six is gone? Or maybe is there some solution?

The place that repaired it did an incompetent job; it is possible to replace the screen without causing the Error 53; they clearly did not know what they were doing. You should insist that they replace the phone that they ruined through their incompetence.

What puzzles me is that Apple's charge for replacing just a screen is not that much money; it's around 100 Euro. So there must have been more wrong with it than just a screen.

Error 53

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.