Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored my Apple TV using my MAC, which is successfull. But not able to access Apple TV after restore because I lost the remote

I connected my Apple TV after several months and I cannot login with my Apple credentials for the store access. When I searched in forum they say connect Apple TV using USB cable to MAC and then select Restore button from itunes which will get the Software update. I have followed the steps and able to upgrade my Apple TV successfully. Then I connected my Apple TV to TV and now it is asking me select a option using remote.

I lost my remote, so tried couple of options to interact with Apple TV which Failed.

- Connected ethernet cable from Airport extreme to my Apple TV but still I cannot access through mobile

- My MAC, iphone & ipad are in same network which Apple TV is connected to the same network.

Question:

Is there a way to do initial setup of Apple TV without Remote? or please suggest me if there is any workaround.

I have Gen2 version

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4, Same is seen on iPhone4S

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:33 AM

1 reply

Restored my Apple TV using my MAC, which is successfull. But not able to access Apple TV after restore because I lost the remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.